How did I choose the decoration for my wedding?

I got married 4 years ago. Today, I would like to remember all those magical memories here.

It was a civil ceremony  so the place had to have a special meaning. We went to Mallorca, where I used to spend the summer with my family as a child. We were clear that we wanted it to be outdoors.

When I was looking for the ideal place, Pinterest was an inspiration for me. Books play a vital role in our lives, so they had to be protagonists in our commitment as a married couple.

My husband is passionate about art, that is why my dress was painted by hand as if it was a canvas. The illustrations represented all the women of my family , including my mother in law.

Although,  the real muse for my wedding outfit was my maternal grandmother; she was great influence in all,  in the hair headdress, the references that I gave to the designer, the plaids from the dress, something stitched inside my dress, the lips and the flower bouquet.

Music is also very important to my husband, 90% of his friends are musicians. We did not have waltz, but we had a couple of musicians singing to us, they sang Zaz, because of my french heritage, to the groom before I arrived, and the The Beatles (our song) that also accompanied us during the ceremony.

wedding table


The colour palette was very easy to choose,  burgundy, green, pink and blue. Each one with its meaning.
Blue was the colour that dominated the table. Everyone thought that I was inspired by the Mediterranean colours, but it was not like that. Every bride has to wear something blue because it means fidelity and perseverance and if someone shows these values is my mother. That is why she was also dressed in blue, I had blue in my bouquet and the table was predominant decorated in blue.

One of my husband´s favourite paintings "The Enchanted Boat" by Crane Walker, dominated the table setting. The florist gave us a surprise and decorated our private dining place as if it was a forest. It felt like we were inside the painting having our very special dinner.

wedding decoration

My only advice, and I don't like giving many, is that everything you choose,  in your wedding and in your home is a reflection of who you are. Get inspired but do not copy, being yourself is the most important thing. That is the true exclusivity.
















Comments

Popular Posts