Bread

Until I was 7 I had an intolerance to gluten and I will never forget the first day I ate "normal" bread,  as I called it. Today, gluten intolerance is fairly common. Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder in which your immune system responds abnormally to gluten. When you look closely to supermarket labels they can be like hieroglyphs.So,  to help my immune system (for a cause you will discover this week) I have decided to make my own bread at home.

Things that I have learned?

1. A bread machine is definitely worth considering (some have gluten free setting)
2. If you enjoy baking bread in the traditional way , use just use water, salt and yeast. However, this is not a quick method.
3. Dan Lepard's recipes are the best.
4. Black olive sesame bread is my favourite.
5. To help yeast ferment and rise better add half a small vitamin C tablet.
6. If you are on a diet you can eat Rye German bread.

I love bread for many reasons,  for how it present most countries in many different ways and for what it represents; bread stops hunger and  it is simple.

On the table,  I like it to be served as the French do, in a basket.







Comments

Popular Posts